Fashioning the industry - Rob Boyd

A couple of weeks ago I emailed a portfolio to Rob Boyd as a reply to an open call for type orientated graphic designers. It was a nice affirmation for him to ask for one based on my Instagram profile but I haven't heard back from him so I'm assuming he wasn't interested as he knows were to find me.

Rob is a fashion designer with a passion for technical wear, I have been following him for a while and free like I could provide some interesting designs for his specific industry. He was asking for logotype work for 'soar' a running brand for whom he is the chief designer. With this in mind, I compiled a custom portfolio to send to him with a rethink of a tiny personal brief that I did over summer for my dads running club. This practice in tailoring a portfolio for a very specific industry is a useful development for me and hopefully, I will be in his mind a tiny bit even if my work wasn't right for the call in question.

Here are some Instagram screenshots and the updated portfolio:































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

36 days of type - 9 FIN