Studio golden update

Unfortunately, I found out today that I haven't been offered an internship at studio GOLDEN. This didn't come as much of a surprise as I didn't feel like I was a very good match for the studio, they are not very typographically focused which does beg the question why they asked me for an interview after seeing my portfolio but it was a good experience anyway. It does make me think I should broaden my portfolio a bit and make sure I ask still focusing on the whole picture instead of just the type within projects. I feel like I can do the whole thing and am not just a typographer but I understand that my portfolio might not be the best reflection of this.

I originally approached the interview thinking I would love to suggest to them that I work as a freelance typographer alongside their projects but it soon became apparent that they do everything like that in house which is a bit of a shame because I feel like a specified typographer would really help some of their campaigns. However, it was a really good experience just to get an idea for how their studio operates and what I might be aiming for if I decide to pursue a studio job.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fashioning the industry - Rob Boyd

36 days of type - 9 FIN