fashioning the industry - Lou Alsop round up

Following on from my collaboration with Emanuele Piarulli before Christmas and acting on my secondary passion, continuing to target interaction with fashion designers and those working in the industry. I generally believe that if I can get a foothold through projects with designers I respect then I can grow a reputable name within the industry at whatever level. From my experience so far word of mouth appears to be the best way to get my name out there. 

I have had a few interactions with Lou Alsop since before Christmas as I featured her in my COP essay. As a continuation of this over the last couple of months, I have been reacting to her stories and generally trying to be kept in mind for an internship of sorts whenever that may be possible. I asked after my essay if working with her would be possible and she replied a bit delayed but didn't shut it down suggesting she would give me a shout if she needed some help with graphic elements. Working with Lou would be a dream on true as I have been following her designs for a while, from her debut solo collection in 2015 to her recent graphic work for Liam Hodges. I find it kind of funny and surreal seeing only me and Liam Hodges commenting on some of her posts. 

Here are some screenshots of our conversations:









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fashioning the industry - Rob Boyd

36 days of type - 9 FIN