Studio practice presentation

Today we presented our updated studio practice briefs and proposals, along with a rough time plan of how we shall execute it. I prepared my presentation fairly quickly and the slide order was a bit all over the place but it was a good opportunity to display my new personal branding on the first slide. In general, it seemed to go down really well and the task was a nice way of gauging where everyone is at and reassuring me that I'm not behind at all. With two briefs nearly sorted as in ready for some final tweaking and printing then design boards I feel in a strong position with 4 and a half weeks to go.

I spoke well over the 5-minute time limit which I feel like was a good sign even if I do maybe need to work on the conciseness of my presentation skills, a script may have helped. The feedback was fairly quick and limited from Amber and Nick but maybe because I had talked for ages and it was the end of the day also though this really wasn't a bad thing as I accept this was just a task to check we knew what we are doing. The main constructive comments were that I need a more concrete time plan as although I know roughly when I'm doing everything before deadlines there is no firm framework in place. I am just a bit scared to do a rigid time plan as I don't work best to them at the moment and I'm still fully accepting that a lot if not most of my briefs are very transient as new opportunities present themselves to me. The only ones set in stone are the research project on Generative Type that I should start soon and the type foundry as I feel this would be a perfect way to wrap up and conclude my year in typography. The competition element is all change with D&AD out of the window as I don't like them and 3 new options coming into place which can be as big all small as I like them, I could even package a series of logotype related competitions together if I don't feel there's a full brief there.

I am looking forward to getting to Berlin and beginning that brief on branding for a friends jewellery company and should be looking for internships there right now.

The Icelandic brief or the already done dabble are probably the two most likely to be dropped if new more exciting prospects come along.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fashioning the industry - Rob Boyd

36 days of type - 9 FIN