PPP Terms and conditions

Today we had a relatively dry but essential session on terms/conditions and invoicing. I would have said before the session that I had invoicing down but there was some key elements such as VAT and taxation that I have not been considering at all.

When it comes to terms I realise that I have never made a client sign a contract and even though as of yet I've been very lucky with it I am fully aware that this will not always be the case. Our list of terms was nearly complete with the acceptance that there have to be claused in place for changing briefs, rigid conditions of payment and some kind of licencing/ intellectual property agreement for the terms of use. All of which all partys should agree on. As I'm a student I often don't think about the risks of not writing out terms because of the safety net that the loan provides but it would be good practice to write a set of these up before the end of uni and start using it on all clients for any major projects. 






When it came to invoicing we again had most bases covered but I am very aware of the fact that my filing system in general needs updating and all invoices should have a saved code to help with cross-referencing and retrieval. Also including an IBAN as standard for all invoices is good practice just in case the funds are coming from abroad. The idea of sorting out my own taxes is horrible but something I need to get used to soon as all freelance earnings should be declared. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fashioning the industry - Rob Boyd

36 days of type - 9 FIN