Berlin internship fall through

Yesterday I got back from a very fun yet somewhat disappointing visit to Berlin. Starting with the fun bit I left Berghain at 12pm yesterday and have been discussing the project that I'm going to do with my friend Zoe all week so I'll try and do a separate blog for that studio development.
However, the disappointment comes after my studio visit and work at artist collective Live From Earth with Tim Linacher fell through. I had been preparing for this by listening to the released tracks by the collective and delving into Tims typographic style. Unfortunately, as I travelled to the studio address in west Berlin Tim informed me that he had been taken ill and wouldn't be able to show me round, this was frustrating but it happens. Hopefully, I will be in his mind for any subsequent work as I grow by craft and keep producing work. I am also kicking myself that I didn't manage to at least find the studio and get a tour but I asked around at all of the offices in the complex and no one knew exactly where the Live From Earth studio was. I was a big industrial park of offices and the address he had given me wasn't quite precise enough. It's still just nice to have the affirmation of a practitioner relevant to my craft enjoying my work enough to arrange to studio visit. I enquired if I should come back to the studio at some point later in the week but Tim didn't reply so I assume it was a bit hectic and abnormal with the health difficulty and therefore just not the best week for it.

Tim has produced a range of stitched typographic components emblazoned on promotional clothing for Live From Earth so I'm also including this retrospectively in the 'fashioning the industry' tag.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fashioning the industry - Rob Boyd

36 days of type - 9 FIN